Whether a woman is trying to conceive for the first time, or perhaps second or third time, preparing for pregnancy is often the first thought. That is why we are pleased to introduce you to PregPrep, a company a company that is devoted to helping women become pregnant.
1) What is the story behind PregPrep?
We launched PregPrep to help all women who are ready to get pregnant. My sister-in-law, Dr. Lara Oboler, conceived the idea when she was trying to have a baby. While researching ways to conceive naturally and quickly, she discovered that mucolytics (used to break up chest congestion) can help thin cervical mucus, making it less “sticky” and allowing the sperm to swim more easily to the egg. As this made medical sense, she gave it a try and became pregnant in the first month – with all 3 of her babies!
So Lara and I teamed up (after consulting with top OB/GYNs) to create PregPrep’s Natural Conception Kit – doctor formulated supplements that promote conception during the most important days of a woman’s cycle.
2) What role do mucolytics can play in increasing fertility?
Mucolytics are compounds commonly found in cold and cough medicines to thin out mucus in the lungs. They also thin out cervical mucus, allowing sperm to travel more easily to the egg. The main ingredient in our FertilPrep is N-aceytl Cysteine (NAC), a naturally occurring amino acid, mucolytic, and highly effective antioxidant. NAC is safe for use pre and during pregnancy.
3. What’s in each Natural Conception Kit and how is it used?
PregPrep’s Natural Conception Kit empowers women to take charge of their conception journey and optimize their chances of conceiving. Our kit contains 3 safe, natural, doctor-formulated products that work together to target a woman’s most fertile days. Included in the trio of products is a bolstered, natural mucolytic and antioxidant (which works to facilitate successful transport of sperm to egg), a unique, specialized pre-conception vitamin, and a select blend of aroma therapeutic oils to encourage overall well-being during the pregnancy journey. We have created a therapeutic program; every day a woman trying to conceive is putting the essential nutrients in her body that can help the conception process.
4. How is PregPrep different from regular prenatal vitamins & what makes it so effective?
PregPrep’s VitaMelts are unique. They focus on providing women with the essentials they need pre-pregnancy, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, and B12. Conventional prenatal vitamins are used pre, during, and post pregnancy. They are incredibly large, difficult to swallow, and can cause nausea and constipation. VitaMelts are small, pleasant tasting, and cause no unpleasant side effects.
PregPrep’s FertilPrep is a doctor-formulated supplement that targets a woman’s 5 most fertile days (the 5 days pre-ovulation) to optimize her fertility. FertilPrep thins cervical mucus to help ease the transport of sperm to egg. It contains N-acetyl Cysteine (NAC), a naturally occurring amino acid + highly effective antioxidant, as well as a blend of natural supplements including chaste berry extract and evening primrose oil which work together to ensure hormonal balance and support.
5. Aside from using the PregPrep kit, what are top 3 things women can do to prep their bodies for pregnancy?
- Nurture with Nature: Women should become informed about how the nutrients found in certain foods can promote optimal fertility and health (and how others can actually impede fertility). Even achieving a healthy weight was recently shown to have a positive effect on conception success.
- Find Your Rhythm: It is important for women to get a good sense of their monthly cycle and physical cues that signal ovulation to have the best odds for success. But there is another kind of rhythm that is equally important to consider: the rhythm and balance of one’s personal life. Achieving a blend of work and play that maximizes satisfaction and minimizes stress can have a huge impact on all the body’s functions, including the reproductive system
- Take The Wheel: Our philosophy is: “Good things come to those who go out there and make them happen”. Our kit was designed to allow women to take charge of their conception by harnessing the benefits of key nutrients at the right time. Women have a tremendous power to shape their destiny by being proactive with their health choices. And it’s not about feeling pressure to adhere to an exercise regimen or diet. It’s about being good to yourself, taking responsibility for and reveling in, the things that bring you joy.