Before motherhood, we imagine your morning routine was a singular-sensational experience. And by that we mean all you had to do was worry about you. But now with the introduction of your little bundle of joy, your focus has rightfully shifted…. to a million different places. But that doesn’t mean you have to leave the house looking like you haven’t showered for days. Check out our tips for keeping your beauty routine short and sweet so you can get out the door remembering everything and making it look effortless.
The Night Before
- Shower, Blow Dry, Moisturize: Using your favorite Nine Naturals Soothing Body Wash & Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner, shower, wash and blow-dry your hair the night before. It will take a huge chunk of time out of your morning ritual and if your not big on blow drying, you can let your hair air dry and worry about the final touches in the a.m.
- Choose Outfits for All: Lay out your clothes and your little one’s clothes. Standing in your closet looking into the hangers like a lost puppy won’t do anyone any good when it’s go-time.
- Pack Lunches: We cannot stress this enough, the more you can do in advance the better. Have your food and your baby’s bottles packed and ready in the fridge. You’ll save yourself about twenty minutes, not to mention the chaos of trying to figure out what to eat.
- Bagged ‘N Ready: Put together work, diaper and gym bags and place them by the door. And don’t forget an extra outfit, or two, for your bundle of joy. Now all there’s left to do is hit the road.
- Polish Nails: Manicures don’t last three days with all the hand-washing moms do. But a quick buffing and massage of some vitamin E oil keep hang nails at bay and nails looking clean. If you still have the energy, feel free to go for the gusto and add a layer of clear, or if you’re feeling really fearless, try this season’s hot color – Trust Fund Beauty’s Rich Bitch.
The Morning Of
- Clarisonic Cleanse: The foundation for all-things-beauty starts with the skin. There are plenty of other paces to save on time, but don’t skimp on cleansing. The Clarisonic is automatically programmed to sonically cleanse your skin for a minute.
- Wash away! Mist Away: Select an all natural toner that you can mist. It’s super fast, refreshing and wakes you up in a spa-like way. And if you’re not a toner gal, grab a bottle of Evian spray mist. It’s an added layer of hydration any mom’s skin can use.
- Apply SPF or a tinted moisturizer: Always use sunscreen on your face (and all over!) to protect your skin. For a 2 for 1, use an all natural tinted sunscreen (you can even make your own easily!) to even skin tones quickly and effectively. No need for brushes, sponges or fancy makeup equipment. Your fingers will get the job done perfectly.
- Conceal those Sleepless Nights: Dot concealer under eyes and blend with fingers gently. By using your hands you keep your face looking light and natural while leaving time to spare. Tip: Dot you’re your eye lids as well and blend out with your fingers for a brighter and more natural alternative to eye shadow.
- Blush or Bronze: Give the apples of your cheeks a quick dusting of bronzer or blush. This will help keep everything on your face looking bright-eyed and cheery.
- Mascara: A quick layer of Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural mascara does wonders to open the eyes and define lashes.
- Lipstick: With a natural and lightly made-up face, you could stand to choose a brighter lipstick or gloss to pull the whole look together. And with this season’s bright pinks, oranges and reds there’s plenty to choose from. Remember to keeps those lips luscious and hydrated with Nine Naturals Simply Natural Lip Balm