Naturally thick, lustrous locks are one of pregnancy’s best perks! Get the most out of your fabulous pregnancy hair by cleaning it properly. Here’s how:
- Start With Warm Water: Wet hair thoroughly with warm — not hot — water. Hot water can dry hair out and will make it more susceptible to breakage.
- Choose An All-Natural Shampoo: Avoiding toxins in personal care products is always important, but it becomes especially crucial during pregnancy, when chemicals can potentially harm your growing baby. Nine Naturals’ Citrus + Mint Nourishing Shampoo is not only plant-based, it also smells divine. You’ll enjoy the uplifting, all-natural scents of lemon, lime and peppermint while organic jojoba seed oil and shea butter boost shine and lock in moisture, and Vitamin B5 strengthens strands, keeping split ends at bay. Our formula is gentle enough for all hair types, and, most importantly, safe for everyday use before, during and after pregnancy.
- Think Quarter-Sized. Chances are you’ve been using too much shampoo. You want to get your hair clean, removing excess dirt, oil and everyday pollutants, without stripping all of its natural lipids and oils, which help to protect hair from environmental damage and dryness. Use about a quarter-sized amount of shampoo, and you’ll be right in that sweet spot.
- Go gently. You don’t have to get all karate-kid on your locks; lathering too aggressively can damage its strands. Instead, spread the shampoo (remember, just a quarter-sized dallop!) between your hands and then gently massage your scalp. Next, run your hands down the length of your hair, gently and evenly distributing the remaining shampoo over its strands.
- Rinse. (And Keep Rinsing.): Rinse with warm water for at least one minute.
- Finish With Conditioner: Simply squeeze excess water out of your hair, and then smooth conditioner evenly over the length of your locks. Leave it in for at least one minute before rinsing thoroughly with warm water. As with your shampoo, remember to use an all-natural conditioner. Our Citrus + Mint Nourishing Conditioner perfectly complements our Citrus + Mint Nourishing shampoo.
- Organic sweet almond oil and shea butter stimulate hair growth and leave locks smooth and full of natural shine, while flax seed oil and vitamin B5 strengthen hair so it can hold up to the changes it’ll undergo during pregnancy. Lightweight enough for everyday use, it’s also toxin-free and safe for mamas (as well as for babies-on-board).
RELATED POSTSToxic Ingredients To Avoid In The Shower
Our 5 Favorite Baby Shower Games