During pregnancy, it’s fairly easy to limit your toxin intake at home. You can eat foods (especially those pregnancy superfoods) and use products you’ve researched and know to be safe and healthy.
Traveling is a different story, since it introduces an unknown factor. However, a commitment to a clean, healthy pregnancy doesn’t stop when you get in a car or on a plane. Here are a few tips for maintaining your standards on the road:
- Plan Your Meals: Whether you’re traveling by car, plane, or train, look ahead to see what’s available when it’s time to eat. Search for restaurants ahead of time with menus that offer organic, local produce & grass-fed, hormone-free meat and poultry.
- Pack Healthy Snacks: It’s a good idea to pack a few clean snacks, in case travel is delayed and you aren’t able to get to your choices when you’d hoped. Organic fruits or all natural snack bars are easy to pack and can help prevent you from making an unhealthy choice. We love Bundle Organic juices & Credible Craving snack bars!
- Don’t Forget Your Sunscreen: No matter where your travels take you, an all-natural sunscreen is a must. When on the go, most people spend more time out and about than they might in normal circumstances. Daily application is the best way to protect your skin (even during the cold winter months!) but many brands include chemicals that aren’t safe, especially during pregnancy. Be sure your sunscreen is made with all-natural, toxin-free ingredients. Nine Naturals Natural Sunscreen SPF 32 is formulated with non-nano zinc oxide and is safe for mom, baby & the entire family!
- Take Your Favorite Beauty Products With You. Hotels will offer shampoo, conditioner, soap, and so on, but often the brands they choose include toxins that are unsafe for pregnancy, such as parabens or phthalates. Nine Naturals Travel Gift Set includes everything you need to pamper yourself without unnecessary artificial chemicals, fragrances, and BPA. The kit comes in a reusable, PVC hemp travel bag that will fit nicely in your carry-on.
- Stay Hydrated. It’s easy to get dehydrated on the road, but drinking at least 64 oz. of water will help flush anything unnecessary from your system as quickly as possible. Your energy levels will be higher and your skin will look fresher, so keep a BPA-free water bottle (preferably with a built-in filter) with you and fill it often.
Safe, happy and healthy travels!