Who doesn’t love summer? But the combination of heat + sweat + humidity can cause some serious damage to your locks. Whether your hair is flat, frizzy or fried, we have the beauty fixes you need to do some serious damage control on your hair.
If Your Hair Is Fried
Has salt water from the ocean and chlorine from the pool left you with dry, brittle hair? To restore shine and lustrous texture back to your hair:
- Use an all-natural deep conditioner in your hair, such as Nine Naturals Mandarin + Ginger Restorative Conditioner, to tame your tresses.
- Work a small amount of coconut oil into your hair, leave on for 20 min & wash out.
- For added hydration and moisture, leave the coconut oil in your hair overnight and wash it it out in the morning.
- Get a trim! Snipping off the damaged ends will help get your hair back to its normal, healthy texture.
If Your Hair Is Flat
Fine or straight hair can become limp in the summer as exposure to humidity can weigh hair down. To add some va-va-voom to your roots:
- Avoid using deep conditioner on your roots if you are have thin hair. Instead, try only conditioning the ends of your hair. It’ll hydrate your locks without weighing down the roots.
- This may seem counterintuitive, but ease off the heavy styling products! Products such as mouse or hairspray can buildup at the roots and, in humid weather, flatten your hair even more.
- Blow dry your hair upside down. You may get a head rush with this simple trick, but the added volume will be worth it.
If Your Hair Is Frizzy
Hair all over the place this summer? Fight frizz by:
- Rub a tiny bit conditioner into your hands and work it through your strands. This will help smooth the hair while slightly weighing down the top layer to prevent frizz.
- Snip those ends! Layers, which add volume, can lead to frizz and puffiness in the summer. Ask your hairstylist for a blunter cut to help hold down the ends.